How many times have you started a KFC bucket and given up halfway through? As much as you might want to, not everyone has the ability to consume an entire bucket in one sitting. In light of this, can you store your KFC and then reheat it later?
You can put your KFC pieces in the air fryer basket to reheat KFC in the air fryer. Achieve a temperature of 160C or 320F with your air fryer. After that, put the chicken pieces in the basket and heat them up for about 10 minutes. To keep the chicken moist while cooking, you can also add a little oil to it.
Simply put, that is everything! Now you can enjoy your KFC chicken without worrying about it being overcooked or being dry. So the next time you’re in the mood for some delectable fried chicken, why not give it a try?
How to Reheat KFC Pieces in the Air Fryer
If you have an air fryer at home, you can definitely use it to successfully reheat KFC items, and it works pretty well at doing so, much like an oven.
When properly prepared, KFC pieces that have been reheated in an air fryer should have a crispy exterior and a juicy interior.
Here is how to reheat KFC pieces in the air fryer:
- Set the air fryer’s temperature to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When the air fryer is hot to the touch, put the chicken pieces in the basket, leaving some room between them and not packing the basket too full.
- To help them crisp up nicely in the air fryer, spray some cooking oil on the chicken pieces.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket and cook it there for 15 minutes to reheat.
- Check the chicken pieces after fifteen minutes. Check that the chicken pieces are piping hot without a thermometer or that the internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Check the temperature of the KFC pieces again after 3 more minutes in the air fryer if necessary. Continue doing this until they are heated all the way through.
It’s important to avoid overfilling the air fryer basket if you want your reheated KFC pieces to come out crispy. Therefore, you might need to reheat food in batches if there are a lot of pieces.
Why Should I Reheat KFC Chicken With An Air Fryer?
There are numerous benefits to using an air fryer to reheat KFC chicken. One of the main reasons is because it’s quick and easy. You can have your chicken reheated and ready to eat in just minutes!
It also keeps the chicken juicy and moist, which is another benefit. Chicken frequently turns out to be overcooked and dry when reheated in the oven or microwave. The moisture is, however, more effectively locked in when you reheat chicken in an air fryer, keeping the meat juicy and flavorful.
How Do You Make KFC Chicken Crispy Again?
Reheating KFC chicken in an air fryer will quickly restore its crispiness if it has become soggy or moist. The chicken pieces need only be cooked for about 5 minutes, or until they are crisp and golden brown, after preheating the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
For added assurance that the chicken will cook up nice and crispy, brush it with a little oil before cooking.
Can You Freeze KFC Chicken?
KFC chicken can indeed be frozen. The chicken can be kept in the freezer for up to 6 months by simply placing it in a container that is freezer-safe. When you’re ready to reheat the chicken, be sure to thaw it in the fridge overnight before cooking.
Can You Reheat Fried Chicken Twice?
Fried chicken can be reheated multiple times, but it’s best to do so just once. Fried chicken can become tough and dry when it is heated repeatedly.
How to Reheat KFC Pieces in the Oven?
The best way to restore the crispiness and juiciness of KFC items is to reheat them in the oven, but there are a few tricks to follow.
- You must first heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, line a baking pan with greaseproof paper or aluminum foil, depending on what you have. If you have a wire rack, place this onto the tray. Spray cooking or olive oil on the wire rack and tray.
- Place the KFC pieces on the baking sheet or the wire rack, one next to the other, but not too closely together. Each chicken piece needs to have some room between them.
- KFC pieces on the tray should be heated for 20 minutes in the oven.
- After 20 minutes, check the chicken. If fully reheated throughout, you can remove the tray from the oven. Place them back in the oven for another 5 minutes if necessary to finish reheating them.
- If you have a food thermometer, it is recommended that you use it. Check the internal temperature of the chicken if you can; it is fully reheated when it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
The KFC pieces will reheat thoroughly and stay crispy all over if they are placed on a wire rack, but they will also reheat successfully when placed on a baking sheet.
How to Reheat KFC Pieces in the Microwave
As reheating KFC in the microwave will not likely result in crispy and tender KFC pieces, but rather soggy coating and tougher chicken inside, we do not necessarily advise doing so.
The KFC pieces can, however, be quickly reheated in the microwave if you are unable to do so in the oven or air fryer and you want to do so.
Here is how to get the best results reheating chicken pieces in the microwave:
- Take the KFC leftovers out of the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place a paper towel onto a microwave-safe plate, and place the chicken onto the paper towel. By reheating a few pieces at a time, you can avoid overcrowding the plate.
- The chicken should be reheated in the microwave in 30-second intervals, with a flip every time.
- While you want the chicken to be piping hot when removing it from the microwave, you also do not want to microwave it for too long that it dries out.
Take the chicken out of the microwave once it has heated through, then enjoy. The only advantage of using the microwave is that you can enjoy hot leftovers in a matter of minutes without having to wait for anything to preheat.
How to Store KFC Chicken?
Here are some suggestions for keeping KFC chicken fresh and delectable while storing it.
- It is best to keep the chicken in the refrigerator if you won’t be eating it right away. Cooked chicken can be kept for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Chicken can be frozen if you want to keep it for a longer period of time. After cooking, chicken can be kept in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- If you’re reheating frozen chicken, it’s best to let it defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
- Chicken should always be heated through thoroughly when reheating it. Any bacteria that might be there will be helped to kill by this.
Is It Safe to Reheat KFC?
You need to think about whether it is safe to reheat KFC leftovers before we move on to the best way to do it.
The manner in which you store the leftovers between eating the food the first time and reheating it later affects how safe it is to do so with KFC.
It might not be safe to eat leftover KFC if you left it out longer than two hours or the entire time without cooling it off.
The likelihood of bacteria growing increases if it is left at room temperature, making the leftovers unfit for human consumption.
But if you keep the KFC leftovers in the refrigerator after you’ve finished eating them, either in their original containers or in a fridge-safe container, it will be safe to reheat them within 24 hours.
Therefore, you can safely reheat leftover KFC food as long as you store it in the refrigerator after it reaches room temperature and eat it within 24 hours.
Even though there are numerous ways to reheat KFC chicken, using an air fryer is undoubtedly one of the quickest and simplest options. Be sure to try it the next time you’re looking for a simple and quick way to reheat KFC chicken.
Why Should I Reheat Chicken With An Air Fryer?
Hot air is used to fry the chicken on all sides in the air fryer. This promotes even cooking of the food, giving even reheated leftovers a delicious crunch.
Can I Reheat Chicken Strips?
For fried chicken and chicken strips, the same reheating technique applies. Observe the chicken and adjust the cooking time as necessary. Bone-in chicken pieces may reheat more quickly than chicken strips.
Can You Reheat KFC Pieces on the Stove?
By heating a small pool of oil in a flat-bottom skillet over medium heat, you can reheat KFC pieces on the stove by frying the chicken for about 3 minutes, or until it is thoroughly heated through and crispy.