You can use toner or hair dye to darken bleached hair, which gives you two options. Additionally, coffee is fantastic for enhancing dark hair color, hiding gray hairs, and adding dimension.
How to Darken Your Hair Color at Home?
It is possible to naturally darken your hair color without resorting to harsh chemicals or paying for an expensive salon visit. here are some easy darkening methods that you can use at home. All of these techniques are cheap; they shouldn’t cost more than $10 each. Additionally, because they are all-natural, they cause less harm to your hair color than using harsh chemicals would. Here are the eight natural ingredients that can help darken hair color:
- Black tea
- Black Walnuts
- Mustard seed oil
- Amla powder
With coffee, you can easily darken your hair. The results from using this approach ought to be noticeable right away. Your hair ought to be stained with coffee. If you want to make a significant change, you will need to repeat this procedure more than once because it only slightly darkens your hair. All hair colors can be darkened with coffee, but light and medium shades of brown produce the best results.
- coffee that is strong to brew. Ideal serving size is three cups.
- Bring it to room temperature after cooling down. To help it cool more quickly, you can put the coffee in the refrigerator.
- Make a bowl out of the coffee. Your hair can then be dipped into a bowl and held there for a short while.
- The coffee could also be poured over your head as an alternative. Both standing in the shower and dipping your head in the sink are options. Three hair rinses with coffee should be done.
- Wish and take a shower to wash the coffee away.
2. Black Tea
Additionally, black tea can darken hair color by staining it. You can easily darken your hair a few shades by doing this. Make sure to consistently perform tea soaks because this technique does fade quickly.
- Strong black tea should be brewed. Allow it to cool down until your fingers can be dipped in without getting burned.
- In a bowl, place the tea. If you want to put your hair in the bowl, it needs to be big enough.
- Give the tea a 15-minute soak while your hair is in it. This will enable the tea to penetrate your hair.
- Black tea should be washed out of your hair with water.
- For at least two weeks, perform this action every day. Eventually, you could keep the color with fewer soaks. Depending on the quality of your hair, your hair may lighten sooner.
Hair can be dyed successfully with walnuts, particularly black walnuts. Even for blondes, this is a fantastic homemade coloring technique. Although this method is messier than some others, it is very powerful. Darkening your hair color significantly by using black walnuts.
- Crush a few walnuts. Your mixture will become darker and more concentrated as you add more shells. Use walnut powder as an alternative.
- Water should be added to the powdered or crushed shells. Thirty minutes of boiling the pot.
- Laissez the water cool. To cool the pot more quickly, you could put it in the fridge. You should be able to touch the water without getting burned if it is cool enough.
- Utilizing a strainer, pour the water into the container.
- The tinted water should be applied to your hair color. Apply the product to your hair with a tool like a cotton ball or an applicator brush.
- Give the colored water at least an hour to sit in your hair. If you want darker hair, you can let it sit for a little bit longer.
- If possible, use lukewarm water to wash your hair. Some of your color may be removed by hot water.
Another great organic product you can use to darken your hair is cocoa. Your hair will darken subtly thanks to cocoa. Your hair’s deeper natural tones will be highlighted by the cocoa. For people with very light hair colors, this method might not be the best option, but it works well for light to medium brown hair colors. This approach is one of my favorites because it has a great smell.
- A bowl should contain 1/2 cup of cocoa powder. Add 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. To make a paste, mix the ingredients.
- Spread the paste through your hair after giving your hair the customary shampooing and rinsing. To completely cover your hair, start at the roots and work your way to the tips.
- Spend about three minutes with the mixture in your hair color. Rinse your hair thoroughly without using shampoo.
5. Mustard Seed Oil
Use cooking oil, not the essential oil, when using mustard seed oil to darken your hair because the latter can irritate your skin. Using this method, you can gradually darken your hair over time. Although results won’t appear right away, your hair won’t suffer any harm. This is best done in the evenings because mustard seed oil does not have a pleasant aroma. On all hair colors, this works.
- Oil should be heated, either in a microwave-safe bowl or a stovetop pot. It only needs to be a little warmer than room temperature; don’t make it extremely hot.
- Apply the oil to your hair with either your hands, an applicator, or a brush. Start at the ends and move up to the roots. Apply the oil to your hair thoroughly and evenly.
- After getting to the roots, massage your scalp. Your scalp will benefit from the oil’s hydration.
- To help the oil in your hair spread evenly, use a wide-tooth comb.
- Put a shower cap on your hair and leave it in for at least two hours.
- It’s likely that you’ll need to shampoo your hair twice because it will be extremely oily.
- Three times a week should be sufficient for the best outcomes.
You can naturally darken your hair by using the herb sage. It’s a great way to darken your hair without doing too much damage, but daily use is required for the best results. Grey hair is frequently treated using this method.
- In a pot, add two cups of water and a half cup of dried sage leaves.
- For about two hours, boil the pot.
- Gather the infusion after straining the leaves.
- Toss your hair with the infusion. For around 30 minutes, let it soak.
- After that, rinse your hair.
7. Amla Powder
Amla powder, which is made from Indian gooseberries, is useful for enhancing the color of your hair. You will need to repeat this procedure once per week to see results because it only has mild darkening effects.
- In a bowl, add two teaspoons of the powder. One teaspoon of hot water is also added, along with one teaspoon of coconut oil. Create a paste by combining all the ingredients.
- Mix in three teaspoons of conditioner.
- Spread sections of your wet hair out. To your hair, apply the mixture evenly. Make sure to distribute the mixture through your ends and roots in an even fashion.
- The mixture should be left in your hair for at least 30 minutes while wearing a shower cap.
- To get the mixture out of your hair, wash it. A little color may be lost if you use hot water.
Henna trees are the source of henna dye. The color of pure henna powder is typically reddish-brown. But there are also darker dyes that contain indigo. These are intended for those seeking a darker shade of brown or black.
For the first few days, you might easily stain items like furniture or pillows with your hair. Only apply henna to the roots in subsequent applications because continued use can dry out your hair.
- Hot water should be added to the powder. Mix consistently until a pasty substance forms.
- Put the mixture in a bottle made of plastic. Let it cool down.
- When the mixture has cooled, divide your hair into sections and begin applying the mixture at the roots.
- Put on a plastic cap after the mixture has been evenly distributed. For at least two hours, wear the mixture on your head.
- Remove the paste by rinsing with warm water. Even though it may initially appear lighter, your hair will eventually darken.
if you’re not sure you’re brave enough to try the following home remedies on your entire head of hair, save some from your next trim or cut off a few locks and test a small amount of natural dye first.
The next step is to always rinse your color with apple cider vinegar to make it last longer. Try rinsing with a vinegar/water mixture, or combine one tablespoon apple cider vinegar with roughly a cup of water in a spray bottle and use that instead of rinsing after coloring your hair.
How Can I Make My Hair Appear Darker?
If you want to get darker, cover gray hairs, or give your already-dark hair some dimension, coffee is a great option. Make a strong cup of coffee (espresso works well), let it cool, and then combine one cup with a few cups of leave-in conditioner and two tablespoons of coffee grounds.
Can You Darken Hair Without Bleaching?
Use temporary hair dye that is designed to work with a dark base color as your first option for coloring dark hair without bleach. These hair dyes have been carefully created to be vivid and true without requiring you to first lighten your dark strands. In addition, since they wash out, they are incredibly practical for experiments.
Does Coconut Oil Darken Hair?
Your color won’t be altered by it. The fact that natural hair care products occasionally cause your hair’s color to fade or change is one of the biggest worries. Blondes may appear brassy and faded, which is not ideal. Instead, coconut oil nourishes your hair and scalp while protecting color.