The hair is known to suffer damage from chemical products like dyes and bleaches. Because of this, a lot of hair color companies, like Manic Panic, are under fire.
No, Manic Panic is not bad for your hair, to put it succinctly. If your hair is damaged before using Manic Panic, it will continue to be damaged after using it.
In this article, we will take a close look at Manic Panic’s products and how they impact your hair. By the end, you will know whether their products are a good fit for you.
Is Manic Panic Bad for Your Hair?
Manic Panic is not damaging to your hair, to be honest. In fact, we think that trying Manic Panic’s products is safe for you. Although there are some harmful ingredients in their Manic Panic hair dyes, they are all manufactured in trace amounts.
This indicates that there is little chance that these ingredients will have unfavorable effects. If you’re unsure whether to try Manic Panic products, consult your doctor or dermatologist to find out whether the ingredients pose a risk to your health and the health of your hair.
Is Manic Panic Damaging to Your Hair?
No, Manic Panic is not damaging to your hair. It’s actually one of the gentler hair dyes available today.
The dye is made with natural ingredients like plant extracts and vegetable dyes. Even the most delicate scalps can use it because it doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals or ammonia.
Of course, there is a slight possibility of an allergic reaction as with all hair dyes. To make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients, perform a patch test in advance.
Overview of Manic Panic Hair Color Products
There is a sizable selection of bleaches, semi-permanent dyes, and other hair products available under the Manic Panic label. Their hair colors produce bold, vibrant hues on any type of hair with just one application.
Whether you want your color to last just a few days or even a few weeks, Manic Panic has a hair color solution to fit your needs. The brand’s bleaching products lighten hair to the ideal level, increasing the potency of dyes.
Their classic hair dye comes in many breathtaking shades and lasts over a month. They even have shampoos and conditioners that are all color-safe for longer-lasting hair dye results.
Here are some of Manic Panic‘s most popular products and how they serve your hair color needs:
Classic High Voltage Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream
Classic High Voltage Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream – This conditioning cream is available in over 40 colors, including, but not limited to,, It works best on bleached hair and is known for its rockabilly blue hue.
It is excellent for people who frequently change the color of their hair and want a transient color change. It is free of parabens, phthalates, and ammonia like all other Manic Panic hair color products are.
Amplified Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream
Amplified Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream – This hair dye has 30% more color pigment than the classic high-voltage color cream. For those who aren’t afraid of a longer commitment, it brings out more intense, vibrant colors. In addition, the dye can deliver a noticeable color change to virgin hair.
Amplified Temporary Hair Color Spray
Amplified Temporary Hair Color Spray: Using temporary dyes is now simpler than ever thanks to this spray. Light, medium, and dark tones of all hair textures and types can use it.
With the help of this spray, you can color your entire head of hair, touch up your roots, and refresh your color.
Flash Lightning Super Strength Bleach Kit
The Flash Lightning Super Strength Bleach Kit has both bleaching powder and a developer, giving you everything you need to lighten your hair on your own.
This potent formula can lift hair up to five levels. Moreover, the kit is intended to be used before applying hair dye creams to enhance color.
Not Fade Away Color Safe Shampoo
This shampoo lives up to its name by preventing dullness and fading of your hair color. It is called Not Fade Away Color Safe Shampoo.
It contains a ton of all-natural ingredients that strengthen hair strands, promote hair growth, and lessen dandruff, such as organic ginseng root extract, sunflower seed extract, and rosemary. Additionally, since it is sulfate-free, it won’t strip your hair of its natural oils.
It’s possible that the color of your hair will fade if you use a clarifying or anti-dandruff shampoo. So, unless you’re trying to lighten your hair color or remove it altogether, we recommend using color-safe shampoo to wash your hair.
Keep Color Alive Color Safe Conditioner
This conditioner, called Keep Color Alive Color Safe, is made to lock in moisture while preserving the vivid hues of Manic Panic’s dyes.
This product’s main ingredient, quinoa protein, reduces the discomfort and time required for combing and brushing. The hair strands damaged by chemical treatments can also be repaired with the aid of this protein.
Manic Panic Product Ingredients
It may be tempting to experiment with the eye-catching hues in Manic Panic’s hair color line. However, you should familiarize yourself with the ingredients of any new product before exposing your delicate mane to it. Here, we’ll examine the components of Manic Panic’s products and discuss their pros, cons, and ugly parts.
The Good Ingredients
These are the most wholesome ingredients Manic Panic uses in their hair products and how they enhance the health of your hair.
- Panthenol – This vitamin B5 byproduct enhances the softness, tenacity, and shine of hair by locking in moisture. Additionally, for a fuller appearance, this chemical is known to stop hair thinning.
- Herb Extract – In its shampoos and conditioners, Manic Panic employs a combination of extracts from rosemary leaf, ginseng root, and sage leaf. These herbal extracts strengthen and resiliency your hair from the inside out by stimulating hair follicles. To help soothe itchy scalps, they also have anti-inflammatory qualities.
- Shea Butter – The hair coloring process is tough, often leaving strands dry and brittle. For this reason, Manic Panic uses shea butter in nearly all of its hair color creams to combat dry hair, locking in the hair’s natural moisture. Shea butter also heals the hair and scalp and protects against further harm thanks to its vitamins.
- Acetic Acid – The goal of this chelating agent is to get rid of mineral deposits that are frequently found in water and buildup on the hair and scalp. Additionally, it controls the pH of the hair to provide a favorable environment for healthy hair growth. Manic Panic uses acetic acid in almost all its hair color creams.
The Bad Ingredients
The ingredients listed below have little to no benefit to the hair and can disrupt your overall health.
- Stearalkonium Chloride – This is a type of salt with anti-static and conditioning abilities in hair products. It reduces tangling and makes combing the hair easier. The immune system may be harmed, and allergies may be aggravated. Manic Panic’s Amplified semi-permanent hair color creams contain this ingredient.
- Methylchloroisothiazolinone – Because of this preservative’s antibacterial and antifungal properties, hair products use it. Manic Panic uses this preservative in several of its hair dye product lines. However, due to its potential for skin toxicity, some nations have outlawed this ingredient in hair products.
- Artificial Colors – The hair becomes stained with new pigment from chemically produced colors and dyes. Although they are very pleasing to the eye, synthetic colors can be bad for your health. These pigment-producing substances are being looked into as potential carcinogens because they can irritate the skin, eyes, and lungs.
- Parabens – Manic Panic’s styling gels contain these substances as preservatives and fragrances. They can cause skin irritation and endocrine system disruption when they are absorbed into the skin.
Does Manic Panic Fully Wash Out?
Some people discover that their color lasts even longer than four weeks, when the fading process typically begins.
All hair colors eventually wane, and Manic Panic is no exception. The good news is that it gradually fades over time, giving you plenty of time to enjoy your new color before it disappears.
Looking after your hair is key to making your color last. Use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, refrain from washing your hair too frequently, and use heat styling tools sparingly.
The hair dye from Manic Panic won’t harm it. However, if your hair is damaged, you’ll need to follow a moisturizing or repair routine according to the damage.
Remember that the best way to determine how the Manic Panic pigments will behave on your hair is to conduct a strand test.
Does Manic Panic Stain Hair Permanently?
Manic Panic’s standard semi-permanent dye, called Classic, has a 4-6 week lifespan. This is a great choice if you’re experimenting with a new color. Contrarily, enhanced dye can last for up to eight weeks. If you’re thinking about bleaching your hair so the color shows up better, purchase their bleach kit as well.
Does Manic Panic Have Harmful Chemicals?
Manic Panic hair color does not contain any harmful chemicals and relies on natural vegan dyes that mostly sit on top of the hair.
What’s the Longest You Can Leave Manic Panic in Your Hair?
We do advise letting your dye process for at least 30 minutes, but you are welcome to leave it on for a few hours if you prefer. This is because our colors are semi-permanent.